Hi! You're on this page because you're interested in helping the Martlet with its 70th anniversary fundraiser. Thank you!
By donating to our GoFundMe, you ensure that we keep churning out individuals who understand the importance of holding power to account; are critical and compassionate people; and have plenty of experience drinking their way into accidentally publishing papers every once in a while.
When it comes down to it, what's more important than that?
For more information on what we do and why this fundraiser is important, read the Letter from our Editors.
We've got Martlet merch for sale, designed by UVic student and Martlet Graphics Contributor Nat Inez.
To get some for yourself and every member of your family, please come down to our office (B011 in the SUB) or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Martlet Alumni Testimonials
Here are some testimonials by former Martlet staff that answer an important question: why do we need the Martlet? We will be publishing them throughout the next two weeks.
In reading them, we hope you understand the importance of our paper and the scope of what our alumni go on to do. Whether it's reporting on the opioid crisis, teaching at UVic, or being the Mayor of Victoria, we Martleteers have done some incredible things.
- Adrienne Mercer Breen: Why do we need the Martlet?
- Alisa Gordaneer: Rough drafts crafted here
- Cody Willett: Why do we need the Martlet?
- David Climenhaga: Why do we need the Martlet?
- Craig Battle: Why do we need the Martlet?
- David Leach: Martlet 70th Anniversary Article
- Gemma Karstens-Smith: Why do we need the Martlet?
- Lisa Helps: Why do we need the Martlet?
- Ellen Saenger: Why do we need the Martlet?
- Jodie Thomson: Why do we need the Martlet?
We invite everyone to give generously. Whether you have written for the Martlet, been interviewed and quoted (hopefully correctly), or just read a paper, this is your fundraiser for your newspaper. We are independent, student-run, and desperate to make a difference.