Want to join one of the best student journalist teams in Canada? See all of our available positions below, and if you have any questions, email email@example.com for more information.
The Martlet Ad Sales Representative—The Martlet Publishing Society
Application Deadline: Open until filled
The ad sales representative will work directly with the Business Manager to coordinate ad sales for the paper and Martlet website.
- Develop new advertising client relationships and maintain existing client relationships
- Communicate requirements for ad specifications clearly to clients
- Work with the Design Director to build ads for clients when necessary
- Ensure ad contracts are filled out correctly, sent to clients, signed and returned by clients
- Work with the Business Manager to maintain an advertising runsheet, and to ensure that all ad artwork is submitted by clients on time for publication
- Work with the Business Manager to ensure that clients receive accurate and timely invoices for ad runs
- Experience in sales necessary
- Experience with cold calling an asset
- Ability to work independently and remotely
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat and various digital signing programs an asset
- Excellent communication skills, leadership abilities, and interpersonal skills
- Motivated and outgoing personality
- Ability to work in a team environment with people holding diverse perspectives
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will remain open until filled. Only successful candidates will be contacted for interviews. This is a part-time position.