Streeters: April Fool’s Day

What April Fool’s Day pranks have you pulled off, or been victim of?

Julianna Rupchan, second-year Creative Writing student

No, I’ve never pulled a prank. I really like the idea of April Fool’s Day. I like the concept of fun, elaborate pranks. I could just never come up with, or execute anything good.

If you had to a pull off a prank, what would it be?

I like ones that are psychological. If you had everyone say something ridiculous to somebody until they believed it, that would be great.

So you like messing with people’s minds.

I do.

Mike Mason, fourth-year Geometrics and Environmental Studies student

I took my roommate’s door and put it on the roof, so he had no door. It was kinda funny. He loved it, but was kinda like “OK man, joke’s over.” But then I lied and told him I didn’t know where his door was and he kinda panicked for a bit. Yeah then I had to tell him two or three days later because he was putting towels over the doorframe. I just thought of it . . . [for] a little laughter in the air.

Fahlon Smith, fourth-year Music Performance student, and Jessica d’Oliveira, third-year Music Education student

Fahlon Smith, fourth-year Music Performance student, and
Jessica d’Oliveira, third-year Music Education student

d’Oliveira: We took the powdered sugar off of powdered donuts and then replaced it with baking soda . . . a lot of people [were] grossed out by the donuts but [they had] good laughs . . . I like it if it’s not harmful. I think there’s a good, fine line but I think people need to be a little open-minded.

Trevor Lee, third-year Engineering student, and Maitreya Panse, fourth-year Engineering student

Lee: It was just our grad class . . . they had crickets in the hallways. I think it was pretty bad because the crickets stayed there for a while . . . a couple weeks maybe. They just couldn’t get them out. I thought it was funny at the time.

Panse: It was fun for that day.

Meriah Drabkin, third-year Biopsychology student

I’ve done lots of better pranks than this, but this is the only one I can remember, cause I’m on the spot . . . let the record show. One time I put a lot of salt on my father’s hamburger bun when he was out of the room, but my mom saw me and got mad at me because she said there’s a history of high cholesterol, so then I had to run and grab him a new bun. He came back and he didn’t know what had happened.