Streeters: How do you feel about virtual reality pornography?

Steven Whillans, Second-year Political Science

S, Second-year Political Science

“I’ve actually watched it. And it’s very realistic. It will definitely have a market. It will have a lot of clients, if you want to call them clients. But it’ll work, though I could see it being really addictive.”

Christopher Driscoll, Second-year Theatre, and Ellen Law, Second-year Psychology

Ellen Law, Second-year Psychology, and Christopher Driscoll, Second-year Theatre

“I don’t really know anything about it. I’ve never even heard about it which is kinda sad. But I feel the same way — people, if they want to, then sure.”

“It’s interesting. I’ve seen some videos on it and it’s kind of far out. It’s definitely a form of entertainment that people have all the right to enjoy if they feel so inclined. Naturally, the porn industry does have some issues — I’ve been reading some articles about mental development and addiction and such like that — but people are entitled to have that choice and, as adults, make whichever choices sexually they want to.”

Shannon Pyke, Fifth-year Microbiology, and Shad Martin, Fourth-year Microbiology

“It’s just another excuse to not go out, if you have access to that stuff. It’s like videogaming. I just don’t get it.”

“I think it’s interesting but it’s kinda gross, kinda sad. It’s kinda nerdy, I guess. It’s cool but it’s weird.”

Matt Helliwell, Fourth-year Political Science

“Sounds interesting. I don’t know anything about it. I think it’s inevitable. I won’t comment on whether it’s good or bad, but I think it will update, regardless. So whether or not it’s embraced by people, I think it is an inevitable advancement of technology and porn is a part of that . . . ”